Over 15,800 people were evacuated, of which over 9,300 were evacuated from the eastern county of Neamt alone, five people died and 150 localities in six counties were flooded, according to Victor Paul Dobre, state secretary within the Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reform.
Flood Aftermath: Over 15,800 People Evacuated In Northern Romania
So far, 217 homes and 10,701 water wells have been destroyed, other 123 homes will soon become wrecks, while other 3,985 were flooded.
Dobre said floods also affected 35,084 hectares of farmland and 3,243 hectares of pasture, adding 2,775 people, of which 1,486 within the Interior Ministry were deployed in the areas ravaged by flooding.
Dobre stressed many of the evacuated people will be able to return to their homes Wednesday.
Petre Stanciu, head of the National Hydrology and Water Administration Department, said flows on the Siret and Prut rivers are now decreasing, adding there no longer is flash flooding risk in areas across these rivers.
Stanciu said intervention teams use special pumps to evacuate water in flooded areas, adding an additional 150 tons of diesel gas were supplied for each county to speed up water cleaning and evacuation operations.
Stanciu said there will be no flash flooding across the Prut River, adding no location in the Danube Delta will be affected.
Share pe Facebook
Dacă ţi-a plăcut articolul, urmăreşte MEDIAFAX.RO pe FACEBOOK »
Conținutul website-ului www.mediafax.ro este destinat exclusiv informării și uzului dumneavoastră personal. Este interzisă republicarea conținutului acestui site în lipsa unui acord din partea MEDIAFAX. Pentru a obține acest acord, vă rugăm să ne contactați la adresa firstname.lastname@example.org.