Romanian Singer Madalina Manole Willingly Ingested Toxic Substance, Investigators Say
Prosecutors say Romanian singer Madalina Manole, who was found dead Wednesday morning in her home, willingly ingested a toxic substance, which qualifies her death as suicide.
The Bucharest prosecution office said in a press release preliminary investigations show the singer committed suicide. Investigators also said she had sent a text message to her husband's mobile phone. The content of the message has not been released.
Prosecutor Bogdan Staicu told a news conference later Wednesday that a bottle labeled "pesticide" was found near the singer's body.
Prosecutors said several people are being heard in the investigation and an autopsy and toxic examinations have been ordered to establish the exact cause of death.
Manole, who made her debut on the Romanian pop music scene at 15 and had record sales in the 1990s, was found dead in her home Wednesday morning, on the day she would have turned 43.
She was admitted to an emergency hospital three weeks ago, following a suicide attempt.
She is survived by her husband, Mircea Petru, and their two year-old son.
Dacă ţi-a plăcut articolul, urmăreşte MEDIAFAX.RO pe FACEBOOK »
Conținutul website-ului www.mediafax.ro este destinat exclusiv informării și uzului dumneavoastră personal. Este interzisă republicarea conținutului acestui site în lipsa unui acord din partea MEDIAFAX. Pentru a obține acest acord, vă rugăm să ne contactați la adresa firstname.lastname@example.org.